Waterbrook Builders is proud to be featured in Luxe Magazines “The Luxury Of Home” magazine. “The Luxury of Home” showcases an incredible portfolio of some of the most respected, award-winning residential design professionals across North America. The carefully culled works within the publication showcase the importance of design and act as a guide that assists homeowners in achieving their residential aspirations. Featuring only the best that each locale has to offer, the publication focuses on a variety of locations, including Aspen, Boston, Hawaii, Minneapolis, Naples, Scenic Highway 30A (Florida Panhandle) and Toronto. As seen in the book’s inaugural issue, each regional section opens with relevant real estate information, provided by an expert realtor who specializes in that particular residential market. Readers can use the book as a resource to contact the featured realtors, architects, homebuilders, interior designers and landscape architects to design the home of their dreams.
The Community Appearance Award Program is presented each year to encourage aesthetic awareness and to acknowledge individuals and organizations who are working to enhance, improve, and beautify the Fort Lauderdale community.
The Community Appearance Awards recognize homeowners, architects, landscapers, developers, contractors, and homeowners associations for their efforts to elevate the City’s visual image and economic vitality. Since the programs inception in 1978, thousand of commercial buildings, office towers, municipal facilities, residences, special projects, and landscape improvements have been nominated for awards.
Award applications are judged on the following evaluation criteria:
- Aesthetic value to the community
- Sensitivity to the environment and neighborhood
- Creativity – unique ideas or materials
- Design and site utilization
Two Waterbrook built homes were featured in this years awards ceremony. They are listed below along with a description of each award:
- WOW Award – The monthly WOW Award program recognizes homeowners throughout the city whose properties contribute to the aesthetic appeal of their neighborhoods. Each month, Community Appearance Board members select a winning property based on its exterior beauty, style, and landscaping. Homeowners whose properties are selected as WOW winners are recognized at a Fort Lauderdale City Commission meeting. Each year, the Board reviews all of the winners during a 12 month period and presents the WOW of the year to the property that stands out among the eligible properties.
- Catzavelos Residence: 2884 NE 29th Street – Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Built By Waterbrook in 2013
- Award: WOW Of The Year
- Neighborhood & Business Recognition – The mission of the Neighborhood and Business Recognition awards is to provide additional opportunities for the Community Appearance Board to not only recognize individual properties and business, but to acknowledge and reward collaborative projects that revitalize, enrich, and improve the quality of life in the City of Fort Lauderdale neighborhoods. The neighborhood recognition award is presented to a City Of Fort Lauderdale homeowners association or neighborhood group whose members have joined together on a project that improves the appearance of their community.
- Kimmelman Residence: 612 SE 12th Terrace – Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Built By Waterbrook in 2013
- Award: Neighborhood & Business Recognition for New Construction Projects – Single Family More Than 3000 Square Feet
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Waterbrook Builders was named to the University of Florida’s inaugural 2015 Gator100 during a ceremony Feb. 6 at UF’s J. Wayne Reitz Union Grand Ballroom.
Sponsored by UF, the Warrington College of Business Administration and the Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CEI), the Gator100 recognizes the 100 fastest-growing businesses owned or led by UF alumni. Ernst & Young calculated each company’s compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) over the past three years to generate the ranking.
Waterbrook Builders was ranked 36th with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.8%
“The Gator100 is an important initiative that recognizes entrepreneurial excellence,” said Dr. Michael Morris, the Academic Director of the entrepreneurship program at UF. “It is open to any and all companies founded or run by Gator alumni, and recognizes those who are achieving growth, innovating, and making a difference in their communities.”
To qualify for the Gator100, companies must have been in business for five years or more as of September 2014, and have had verifiable annual revenues of $100,000 or more in 2011. Additionally, a UF alumnus or alumni must have met one of the following three leadership criteria:
- Owned 50 percent or more of the company from Jan. 1, 2011, through Dec. 31, 2013; or
- Served as company’s chief executive from Jan. 1, 2011, through Dec. 31, 2013; or
- Founded the company and been active as a member of the most senior management team from Jan. 1, 2011, through Dec. 31, 2013.