The Community Appearance Award Program is presented each year to encourage aesthetic awareness and to acknowledge individuals and organizations who are working to enhance, improve, and beautify the Fort Lauderdale community.
The Community Appearance Awards recognize homeowners, architects, landscapers, developers, contractors, and homeowners associations for their efforts to elevate the City’s visual image and economic vitality. Since the programs inception in 1978, thousand of commercial buildings, office towers, municipal facilities, residences, special projects, and landscape improvements have been nominated for awards.
Award applications are judged on the following evaluation criteria:
- Aesthetic value to the community
- Sensitivity to the environment and neighborhood
- Creativity – unique ideas or materials
- Design and site utilization
Two Waterbrook built homes were featured in this years awards ceremony. They are listed below along with a description of each award:
- WOW Award – The monthly WOW Award program recognizes homeowners throughout the city whose properties contribute to the aesthetic appeal of their neighborhoods. Each month, Community Appearance Board members select a winning property based on its exterior beauty, style, and landscaping. Homeowners whose properties are selected as WOW winners are recognized at a Fort Lauderdale City Commission meeting. Each year, the Board reviews all of the winners during a 12 month period and presents the WOW of the year to the property that stands out among the eligible properties.
- Catzavelos Residence: 2884 NE 29th Street – Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Built By Waterbrook in 2013
- Award: WOW Of The Year
- Neighborhood & Business Recognition – The mission of the Neighborhood and Business Recognition awards is to provide additional opportunities for the Community Appearance Board to not only recognize individual properties and business, but to acknowledge and reward collaborative projects that revitalize, enrich, and improve the quality of life in the City of Fort Lauderdale neighborhoods. The neighborhood recognition award is presented to a City Of Fort Lauderdale homeowners association or neighborhood group whose members have joined together on a project that improves the appearance of their community.
- Kimmelman Residence: 612 SE 12th Terrace – Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Built By Waterbrook in 2013
- Award: Neighborhood & Business Recognition for New Construction Projects – Single Family More Than 3000 Square Feet